Friday, May 9, 2008

My Malaysian Studies Lecturer

Today, I had Malaysian Studies class. My lecturer name is Mr Warren Lau Chee Loong. He also has a BLOG and his entries are as if you read it from a newspaper because the style of his post are exactly like a journalist. That is probably because he writes for "Times and Chimes" of The Borneo Post. Mr Warren also writes a few books. One of them is "So you are going to America? Cool!" Sometimes if you answer a very though question, he gives it to you for free.

He is a funny guy and has his own sets of antics. He always asks us to "ask why?" and when we ask why, he will say "very good, you want to know why, I'll tell you why" Some how, every lecture he will include these words: "Tit Gun Yum" (a type of Chinese tea), "Good Chap" (except today), and "Whack kau kau" (meaning whack terribly - he used this 3 times today). If you yawn in class, he will say "This is not dentistry class, so please close your mouth when you yawn. Nothing wrong with yawning because it is just CO2 being exchanged for Oxygen." And when he ask us a question and we say we dunno, he will say "very good, you don't know. that's why you are here!" And if he sees you copying notes, he will say "You don't need to copy these notes beacuse it is already in the webpage. But, if you insists, I wont resist!"

If you come in late, he will make you say "sorry" to the whole class. And if you are playing with you phone/other device, he will say "please stop using your phone/other device. How I know you are playing with your phone/device? Because the people at the back of you are also looking at it, they sabotage your plan." If you talk in class he will say "please stop that little lecture there" or "in this room, only one person can talk. So it's better to let me talk and you keep quiet. But if you keep talking after 10 times of warning, he will still nicely tell you to stop talking but the next class you and the person you talked to have to sit apart from each other. Occasionally, he gets angry and asks you to gou out of the class. But, when you finally decide to get up and go out, he will say "Nevermind my friend, just don't do it next time".

He is such a nice peson. He is the best man for this job (teaching a boring subject) because he makes it more funnier and I don't even feel sleepy. I belief 90% of the class also share the same opinion with me about him. I am thankful I have this lecturer teaching me and I really hope there are more leacturers like him in APIIT.

2 comments:

  1. Good chap. Nice blog. Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel kinda weird because the person I wrote about is reading it... Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...