Saturday, August 30, 2008

Merdeka Eve

Woke up early in the morning and M was already in school or her Carnival Day. E and J were still soundly asleep. Dad heated up some SunMoulin bread for our breakfast. Sat in the kitchen talking with mum and dad.

At about 11am, Dad, mum, MM and I went to Baskin Robin's. The 31% discount was available since yesterday as a "Merdeka Celebration" and not many knew about it. There were still a queue because the service was very inefficient and slow.
I bought 1/2 gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip and 1 quart of Cookie n' Cream. We also met J's friend and mum's friend with her daughter. We waited about 20 minutes for the guy to finish scooping the ice cream and collecting our payment.

Our bag of Ice Cream

We dropped by McD to check if they still have the Olympic meal (2 more cups to complete the set). The cashier told me "no" and a bitch interrupted and said "Olympic over la". Luckily, I was educated enough not to slap her.

We went to CantonFare in Damansara Heights for lunch. All the food there were on the high end. I ordered roasted pork noodles. The pork was crunchy but noodles were hard to chew. After we finished our lunch, dad wanted to leave but he forgotten that he HAS NOT paid!

Roasted Pork Noodles

At home, I played some CakeMania2. M came home just as SS and SS came to our house. M told us her about her day in SMKBB's Carnival Day. Then, we watched MR 23. M played CakeMania2 again and we watched her.

SS, SS, C and K came at 7.30pm. Then all 10 of us squeezed into the Avanza and drove to BISDS. Dad donated some money to the newly build area in memory of our grandfather (dad's side). So, there was a Buddha image under our names (grandma and children).
When we arrived, the procession just left. We waited 45 minutes for the procession to end. Then, the monks went to the new bodhi tree area and started a puja session. I went and took some photos.

The Float

The Crowd surrounding the monks

Thissa Buddha sponsored by us
SS asked me to send those pictures to his phone. After many attempts, I was sure there was a problem with my bluetooth. At least now I know that there is nothing wrong with the VAIO's bluetooth.
Then, each sponsor was given a certificate and a Buddha image. After we collected ours, we went to have our dinner. It was already 9.30pm and we decided to Chef Low in Lucky Garden for dinner. We ordered 3 dishes of noodles and a plate of fried rice.

The Budha Image with the certificate

We reached home at 11pm. At 11.50pm, I came downstairs and watched the countdown event on RTM1. At 12.30am, all of us went upstairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...