Thursday, June 5, 2008

My IS Tutorial Lecturer

This morning, mum, dad, M, J and E left for Singapore. They are going for a 3day/2night vacation without me! I couldn't go since I had classes...
.
Anyway as usual, went to college and parked far away from college. At 8, there was a lot of LEGAL parking spaces left. If you come at 9, it would be hard to even find an ILLEGAL parking spot.
.
At 3.30pm, we had IS tutorial. The new lecturer, Miss Sumathi is the lecturer for our IS tutorials. She began the class by calling our names. When she came to "Lester", no one answered because he wasn't there. Then, she called my name next. I put my hand up.
.
She then REPEATED "Lester" again and the same thing happened. This time, she pronounced my name in a weird way. Still, I raise my hand. And, she DID IT AGAIN!! everyone was shocked by the craziness of the lecturer.
.
Then, Miss Sumathi asked me what is my name. I told her. Then she said "Why did you raise your hand when I called Lester?", "Don't try to be smart, you know your name is coming next but don't raise your hand first".
.
ML and I looked at each other in disbelief. Everyone heard and saw what I did. Is she mental or too nervous on her first day?? The following is the most shocking event.
.
She suddenly said "Don't ever try to raise your hand for your friend when he is absent!". "Please ah, next time don't do it again". Whadafuk Byatch!! Haihzz.. Never mind, maybe her brain is just can't take the pressure from APIIT students.
.
Putting that aside, I consider her a good lecturer. She took the effort to try to remember each of our names and our faces. Her ability to control the class' noise levels are quite good. Her teaching methods and the way she conducts our class is also much better than MZ. So, I just hope that what happened to me will never happen to anyone again.
.
Owh, and at the start of the class, she told us to use English ONLY when she is teaching us. And during her lecture, she kept saying "Faham tak?". What is this? Is she gone crazy that she can't differentiate which language she is using (she told us she can speak English, Mandarin, BM, Hindi, Telugu and much more). Or is she just being a hypocrite??
.
I forgot to put my phone on silent mode. In the middle of IS class, I received a SMS. Everyone was looking at me and I just act as if nothing happened. Obviously, they were still looking at me. They are not dumb. Luckily, Miss Sumathi didn't say anything about that.
.
At night, SS, SS, C, C and C came to my house. We all went to Nam Chuan for dinner. Later, we went straight to my nephew's house to visit them. Was there for about 1 hour or so. We only went home at 10 something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...