Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day Dinner

So after much planning, they decided to go to Kura. M wanted to borrow my phone to sms mum and tell her about it. Just then, dad suddenly said no. M was quite upset. She went to the bathroom (to cry I guess). I was also quite disappointed actually.
.
Moments later, mm called and said she has booked 2 tables in Summer Palace. Dad started attacking (verbally) J asking her why she did not do this and that. M, J and I watched FH II till about 6pm. Dad then started nagging us to go shower and all...
.
When we reached Summer Palace, there were about less than 10 tables full of people. On an occasion like this, it means bad news if your restaurant isn't packed! We ordered the fathers day set.
.
We saw a guy coming smoking and walking into the restaurant. I was hoping that the smoke would activate the fire alarm and set the sprinkler off! That would be a nice scene and that idiot would have been fined!
.
The food took quite a while to come but we didn't feel it because we were busy talking. The food there tasted like any other restaurant, nothing special to me. Some of us were solving the cube and that itself provided us with some unwanted attention.
.
When dinner was over, they brought out the cake that SS brought. It was a mud cake with a T-shirt and a VIP MasterCard. Took some pictures with the fathers. Then, the waiter offered to cut the cake for us. The cake tasted ordinary. Dad paid and we left.

Picture of the fathers day cake as requested by chiyomi
.
Before going home, we dropped by at the 2nd-hand car dealer's bungalow to collect the road tax for the Avanza. While waiting in the car, I saw a COCKROACH! It was at the vent at the back of the driver's seat. Just when dad came back to the car, ANOTHER cockroach crawled out of the vent! OMG, I found their nest!!
.
Every time I think I see something moving, I will say "oh my god" in a calm tone. This will trigger M and J that seats at the back to SCREAM! GM, E and mum were like immune to what was going on in the car. I leaned towards the left window and waited for dad to come in. I got out off the car and asked him to catch them at throw them away.
.
I was standing outside watching him catch the 2 cockroaches. I was so relieved. I sat in the car and looked to the left. OMFG, I saw another cockroach! I yelled and went out of the car. Obviously, M and J screamed too. Everyone was wondering what happened so I opened the door and asked dad to catch the other one.
.
After doing so, I hopped back into the car. We were talking about how much we should be reimbursed for this traumatic experience. I even said "we paid for the car not the cockroaches". We were having fun with these jokes and suddenly dad said "If you all mention it one more time, I'm going to be angry". He went on talking about how fortunate we are to have a car and all that.
.
Everyone kept quiet for the rest of the ride home. I never leaned back once and my toes were tipped the whole trip home. When we reached home, I was the first to run down the car. This is a very bad experience. I keep feeling that something is crawling on me every now and then. On the bright side, I now know where their nest is...
.
**I am not ashamed to admit, I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to these things!**

2 comments:

  1. u mean father's day your dad paid for the bill n caught cockcroaches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Didn't you know that this year, it is a SPECIAL father's day where the Father is the one that does everything? Haha, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...