Friday, October 29, 2010

A Long Tiring Eventful Day

So I woke up at about 10am and started using the computer. Then, I went to pick JW up from KL Sentral. Came home and all of us had lunch. Right after that, mum drove us to Pavillion for our event.

We left the house and I was wiping my glasses with my shirt. Just then, my glasses BROKE! The sides came off and it can't be fixed. So we quickly went home and I took my contacts. Put them on while in the car.

Nuffnang sent us an email stating the press conference would be at 2pm. But when we got there, at 2.05pm, we couldn't find anything and were clueless. So we waited.

The email

The itinerary says it starts at 3pm.

Finally at 3pm, we saw a booth open outside the stated venue, La Bodega. So we went to register and got in.

Hung out a while before another blogger came up to us. Soon we exchanged blog links and talked. You can check out NC's link here.

Drinks

The event ended after Mr Chee Pok Jin (Chief Marketing Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad) made his speech. He also announced that members of the press (including us bloggers) can get the Blackberry Torch at RM888.

Mr Chee Pok Jin

Him and model with the Blackberry Torch

Blackberry Torch

So I called mum and she surprised me by saying "Dad says get TWO!". Since it was for them, both my parents came over and settled the payment and procedures.

While waiting, JW and I went to MOF. Shared a Mocha Frappe and later went over to the Loaf and bought some bread.

Mocha Frappe

Then at 6.50pm, we walked over to Modesto's. Dad said it was 10 minutes but we got lost. After back-tracking, it still took us 20 minutes to get there.

With sweat still on our backs, we registered and found ourselves 2 seats at a table. Befriended BC, P, and Z. Later, we found out that Z was one of the finalist of the "DiGi iPhone 4 contest". Later, he was crowned the winner too!

Throughout the night, we were served good food. There were lots of appetizers, pasta, main course, and desserts. Also, there was some game time which was fun too.\

Food!

I didn't like 2 things about tonight though. First was that one of the games required us to Tweet our answers. So I guess this means only the rich can win.

JW playing the "DiGi Yellow Man" game on the iPhone 4

I also didn't like it because they selected bloggers to review the phones based on their power to influence. So of course, only famous bloggers get to review the better phones. The "not so famous" ones were gave to bloggers to review by lucky draw. At least that was fair...

The event ended at about 10.20pm. Didn't really take pictures of the event because I only cared about the food. Besides, there were too many DSLRs and (though I love my camera) bringing out my Sony T900 would only be an embarrassment.

Dad picked us up and he sent us home. I then drove JW back to her hostel. It took extra long because "some" people were smart enough to do roadworks on a busy Friday night. Amazing.

On the way home, JW texted me to say my camera and iPod was with her. Damn! She has class tomorrow till 6.30pm so I can't upload my pictures. Also, I can't take any pictures for tomorrow's lunch. :S

Got home at about 12.40am and went to shower. Read some blogs before writing this post. It's almost 3am and I'm going to bed now. Night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...