Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kuantan Trip Day 2

ZS woke me up at 7.30am. All of us then got ready for breakfast. Then, we went to a coffee shop nearby to have breakfast with Dato L. Ordered some noodles and coffee. Later, we went back to the house and packed our stuff.


Iced Coffee

Then we waited till 10.30am before driving to Bukit Gambang Water Park. It was RM19.90 each but we had to pay for the locker and floats too. What I liked about this place was that it was "Cashless".

Bukit Gambang Water Park, Kuantan

We can top up money into our wristbands and then use our wristbands to pay for things. At the end of the day, we can collect the remaining money inside the wristbands without extra charges. This proved to be a convenient way to do things.


This is the key to our locker


There was the Glacier River with a nice series of waves at the end. They also have a HUGE PIRANHA (bucket) that pours an almost painful amount of water once every 15 minutes.

The kids area


They also have a slide section with 5 slides. The Family Raft Ride (longest in Malaysia), Crystal slide, Galaxy slide, Canopy slide and the 6 Lane Racer (longest in Malaysia). If you pick the right spot, you will be very THRILLED on the Family Raft Ride. Also, the 6 Lane Racer was scary yet FUN! My body could barely stick to the slide!

Last but not least, the WAVE POOL! It's the largest in Malaysia and the waves were AMAZING! The waves are generated every 20-30 minutes and we waited for 2 rounds. The best spot was the middle where the waves push you very far! :D

After all that, we decided to call it a day. We returned our floats and went to get our camera. We then took a few pictures. Since the food was reasonable, we decided to have lunch there. We ordered burger sets which came with fries and a drink.


Group Pic. :)

Beef Burger Set - RM 7.80

Chicken Burger Set - RM 7.80

Later, we showered and drove back to ZS's house. There, we played Monopoly till it was 4pm. We ate some "Gao Ji" that ZS's grandpa bought for tea.

Gao Ji

Later, we drove to Kuantan and went to "Hai Peng" for coffee. The coffee there was nice and so was the Roti Bakar. It would have been nice if they used white bread instead of wholemeal bread though.

Hai Peng

Roti Bakar

Iced Coffee

Anyway, we continued driving and ended up in "Batu Hitam" beach. There, we took a few pictures before hopping back into the car.

Batu Hitam Beach

Shadow Picture

AC and I

Dai Gor

Next stop, Beserah. We drove around looking for the place where they filmed "Tiger Woohoo". Finally after half an hour, we succeeded!

This is where they filmed...

...the training scenes. :)

Beserah Beach

Broken lamp

Went to the beach and walked around till about 7pm. After that, we drove to Teluk Chempedak beach again. There, we took some pictures and hung around till we got hungry.

Teluk Chempedak during the night

Then, we drove to Tanjung Lumpur. ZS brought us to "Mail Ikan Bakar" for dinner. Here, I ate Nasi Dagang for dinner and had Watermelon Juice. The 3 of them shared a stingray and Ikan Bakar. The Ikan Bakar took very long to arrive but they enjoyed it.

Mail Ikan Bakar, Tanjung Lumpur

Watermelon Juice - RM 2.50

Nasi Dagang with curry - RM 2.00

Ikan Bakar

Sting Ray

Later, drove back to town and stopped by the Kuantan River. There were LOTS of people fishing there. Well there were actually just lots of fishing poles with no action at all. We tried taking a picture of the word "Kuantan" but it was too dark.

Fishing Rods along the walkway of the Kuantan River

Can't take a picture of the word "KUANTAN" at this hour

So, we went off and headed to our next destination, Terminal Satay Zul. Again, we had to wait very long. They told us they ran out of Chicken satay but we saw them serving it to someone who came LATER than us.

Anyway, we had Beef and Mutton satay. The mutton was too tough but the beef was very nice. Too bad we can't taste the chicken. Also, we saw this sign which shows how popular they are. Amazing.

Satay Sauce

Mutton Satay

Beef Satay

90 minutes wait for your satay. :S

After our supper, we drove back to Gambang. By the time we got home, it was already 11pm. All of us took turns to shower. Then, we with cards and later my iPod.

At about 2am, we decided to go to bed...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...