Monday, September 13, 2010

Ipoh Trip: Day 2

Woke up at 9.45am and went down stairs. Drank some water before washing up. Later, we had Roti Canai for breakfast which Uncle brought back home.

Later, JW and I drove out to get some baking ingredients. After that, we came back and rested for a while.

Not long after that, we drove my car out. Dropped ZF off at Jusco to meet his friends. Then, JW and I went to Peiking Pan Mee for lunch. I ordered their Dry Pan Mee and JW had Soup Pan Mee.

Peiking Pan Mee

Soup Pan Mee - RM 3.80

Dry Pan Mee - RM 3.80

Sui Gao (4pcs) - RM 5.00

Watermelon Juice - RM 2.00

I tried the Soup Pan Mee but found it too "leafy" tasting. The dry pan mee was also too "doughy" for me. I also didn't like the ikan bilis there because they were not crunchy.

Later, we went to the coffee shop directly opposite us and ordered a bag of Watermelon Juice to take away.

Next, we went to "Restoran Hong Kong" in Canning Garden. There, we bought some "You Tiao" and "Ma Giok". I liked the "Ma Giok" because it was kinda sweet and crunchy. :)

Restoran Hong Kong

The stall

You Tiao and Ma Giok - RM 0.60 (per piece)

Before we went back to her place, we went to the RM3 car wash. I expected a human car wash but that turned out to be something new for me. It was a half human half machine wash.

Their rates

The workers sprayed my car with water, then soaped it up. After that, I drove onto a conveyor and they pulled my car through the machine which scrubbed and dried my car. Later, the workers wiped the rest of the water off the car and collected the RM3.

Workers busy at work

My car is foamed

The machine scrubbing

Almost at the end of the conveyor

We then went back to her house and laid on the sofa. I fell asleep for about 15 minutes. Later, we went to the kitchen and made Chocolate Cake and Brownies.

Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting

We had the cake and some coffee for tea. Then, we waited till 7pm before going out for dinner. We went to "Li Heng Fatt" in Ipoh Old Town for Hor Hee. There was an interesting history of this shop that JW told me.

Li Heng Fatt

Hor Hee Stall

There, I had cincau and hor fun. All of us ordered 2 big bowls of "liu" which was quite nice. The flat-ear looking thing was their specialty. It was homemade and also very tasty.

Cincau

Hor Fun

Assorted "liu"

Fried Fu Chuk

Their specialty

After dinner, we came back home and rested for 15 minutes. Then, JW and I went out again to meet her Sunway Ipoh gang. We went to Aberdeen cafe and had some toast and drinks. At about 10.30pm, we left that place.

Back at her house, I took my shower and started blogging till now. It's almost 1am and I'm gonna end this post here. Bye...

2 comments:

  1. pan mee, You Tiao and Ma Giok LOOK NICE!!! i want, ta bao for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey kokwai. Ta pau then not nice already lo. Come to ipoh I bring you to eat. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...