Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fish and Co is NOT in my list ANYMORE!

Since both our parent's weren't home, I brought E to Fish and Co, Bangsar Village for lunch. Was looking forward to the lunch because I hadn't been her for quite a while.

They handed us the menu after we were seated. And after flipping through it, I got a shock! They increased the price of their "Best Fish and Chips In Town". I'd be willing to pay an extra RM1 but they were charging an extra TWO RINGGIT!

You might think RM2 is a small thing, but if you count by percentage, it's a WHOPPING 20 PERCENT HIKE!! From RM 9.90 to RM 11.90. Totally outrageous!

New Prices pasted over the old ones...

And to make things worst, they did not even bother to reprint the menu. All they did was to stick stickers over the old prices...

But since we were already here, I still ordered the Fish and Chips while E had their Diver's Snorkel (kids meal).

Diver's Snorkel - RM 6.90

WAS ONCE the "Best Fish and Chips in Town" - RM 11.90

Food came quite quickly but they DID NOT serve us Tartar sauce. Usually, even before our food came, they would serve it. This time, I had to REQUEST for it before they were willing to give me.

Also, they now serve Iced Water in CHEAP PLASTIC CUPS with NO STRAWS! What happened to the glass cups that were used before this? This is so DEGRADING and ENVIRONMENTAL-UNFRIENDLY!!

Cheap Plastic Cup with NO STRAW!

All I can say is, Fish and Co is cutting its cost AND still INCREASING THEIR PRICES. Thank goodness they still gave us 2 mints after we paid the bill. If they cut that, I'd be very very speechless.

So now, the restaurant that used to be on the top of my "To Go" list has now been CROSSED OFF and move to the TOP of my "BOYCOTT" list. Guess I'll just have to go eat at MFM...

Liked this post? Please nang me. :)

24 comments:

  1. that fish and chips looks tasty :D will try it someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, I boycott it. You pula wanna try. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha try out the new pork private ltd in town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As consumers we can do something. If we think it is valued too such - we shouldn't return.

    NANG ME

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! But have to agree with Azizan, the fish and chip looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh, that divers snorkel looks weird...yet so expensive xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol :D i havent try fish & co yet :D hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha ! I've never tried it before but the service sounds sucky XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. @meoramri Yup. That's why I won't go there in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Bake it Batter. It actually isn't that bad. Just that the service sucks and the did an unreasonable price hike

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kristy My sister loves it though. It's Penne with cream sauce. And it comes with a drink. Not too expensive la.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Shuwen and greenteacarm. You two can go try it out for yourselves. Then maybe join me in boycotting. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmm when was this? saturday? I dined at the OU outlet but fish n chips were still served 9.90 wor. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think i stick to Manhattan...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wah, condemnation. Kaka! What a bad experience. I'm very particular with customer service actually =]especially restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wrote a review on it not long ago (during Mother's Day. I went to the One Utama's branch. And it was still about RM10 if I'm not wrong. Not plastic cups.

    Probably different branch different management.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Jacquelyn. Yep, saturday. Whoa, this is so unfair. How can they just increase the price in one outlet. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Rolling Thug. Yea, hate bad service. But sometimes, if the food is good, I don't mind. But not in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @MichLeong. Base on what Jacquelyn said, I think you are right. :|

    ReplyDelete
  20. fish & co in singapore is affordable and taste much nicer than any in msia! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  21. @FiSh Of course. U convert the price to RM. Not cheap for us u know...

    ReplyDelete
  22. zeng,,,,so nice,,,hungry now,,,,get it 4 me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...