Thursday, February 18, 2010

CNY 2010: Day Five

Woke up at 11am today again as usual. Had "nin gou" for breakfast and came upstairs and got dressed. Then, I stayed in the room to work on my assignment for about 45 minutes before joining everyone downstairs.

I hung around playing TTR3 until it was time for lunch. Then, we drove two cars out for lunch. We ended up at a coffee shop. There, we ordered Kolok Mee and Iced Kopi. After that, we drove back home.

Iced Coffee - RM 1.70 (unreasonable!!)

Kolok Mee - RM 2.50

M, AC and I started playing Mahjong. At about 3pm, I left them there and went to the Malaysian Pepper Board with mum, dad and E. There, we bought a few packets of pepper for our friends and relatives.

Malaysian Pepper Board

One of the streets of Kuching

Random building...

Bus stop? (Haha, I was too bored)

One of the cat statues around town

Next, we drove to the Spring. The underground carpark was full and it was going to rain soon. So, E and I convinced dad not to go there today. In the end, we drove back home and I continued watching them play Mahjong.

Mahjong!

Occasionally, I took over when one of the players wanted to take a toilet break. Then at 7pm, we went out for dinner with mum's friend/ex-boss. We were divided into the "kids" table and "adult" table.

The "kids" table was very very quiet and awkward. The guy's son (sat next to me) is 27 years old and I felt really weird talking to him. After a while, we gave up talking and just decided to watch TV and ate when to food came.

After a long torturous 90 minutes, we took a group photo, said "thank you", and went back home. Before leaving, he suddenly gave me a watch! M was saying that "sung jung" (giving clock) isn't a good thing.

But according to dad, "sung piu, sung piu, jong mah piu" (give watch, give watch, strike lottery). So actually, it's up to you what you wanna believe. But since it was a gift, I just accepted it.

Back home, the girls started playing Mahjong while I watched. Came up to shower at 11pm and went back down to watch them. Then at 12am, I came upstairs to write this post. It's 12.20am already and I'm going to end this post here.

Going to go downstairs to watch them again. Bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...