Sunday, February 21, 2010

CNY 2010: Day Eight

Woke up at 11.30am today and quickly went to wash up. Had roti canai for breakfast and came upstairs to use the laptop for a short while.

At about 1pm, we went out for lunch. We didn't want to go too far so we went to Fish and Co again. This time, I ordered "Fish & Chips" and a cup of "Fishy Maria" (contains some amount of tequila).

Fishy Maria - RM 6.90

Best Fish and Chips in Town - RM 9.90

After lunch, dad drive us home. After taking some stuff, we drove down to 112. E and I then stayed there till 5.30pm while dad brought M and GM back at about 3pm. We chatted, talked, and wrestled the rascals till SC dropped us back home.

Then, I came upstairs and started writing this post. Took a very short nap before using the computer while waiting for my turn to use the bathroom. After everyone were done, we drove to DU for dinner.

SS pre-ordered a few dishes and therefore our food came very quickly. The nine of us finished our food in about an hour. SS paid for dinner and I drove them back home. Then, I drove the Rav4 back home.

Loh Min

Fried Chicken Wings

Bak Gau Th'ng

Hokkien Fried

I used the laptop for a short while before drinking some juice. Then, I turned on the TV and started folding "Gam Ji".

If you didn't already know, I'm what they call "Hokkien Lang". So during midnight on the 8th day of the lunar new year, we "Bai Tee Geng" (Hokkien) or "Bai Ting Gung" (Cantonese).

At about 11.30pm, we were finally done folding the Gam Ji. So, we started with the other preparations.

My HARD work

The offering table (before)

The pile of "gam ji"

At 12am, we started lighting the candles and incense. After that, we burned the "gam ji" outside our house. About 10 minutes later, there were still some papers burning inside the pile.

The offering table (after)

Incense

Fire burning on the cement floor!

Few minutes later

We decided to leave it there and all of us went back inside. I started uploading pictures while chatting with some friends.

It's already 1am so I'm gonna end this post here. Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...