Monday, February 21, 2011

Orientation Day 1

Woke up at 6am today. It was my first time waiting at that particular bus stop. The bus driver stopped pass where I was sitting and told me "next time, you gotta wave down the bus". Apologized and quickly got in.

The bus took forever to arrive in the City because of the terrible morning jam. Later, I walked to campus and headed to my classroom.

Went to the QUT Connect Session. Later, we had a campus tour. Up till that time, I made 3 new friends. Felt great!

After that we went to the Kidney Lawn for our AUD2 lunch. There was a long queue for the hotdogs so I joined the queue. To my disappointment, the bread wasn't nice and the sausage was hard.

Up next was the "International Students Information Session". It was held in a huge lecture hall with about more than 500 people.

Later, we had some refreshments while waiting for the rain to die down. Then, I went to the bookshop and collected my free shirt.

At 5.30pm, we gathered at the Kidney Lawn. Met another bunch of people. We then walked to Aroma Garden for dinner.

I ordered Rump Steak and that cost me AUD14.30 after discount. Cheap for a place like this. Besides, I managed to socialize over dinner. Very happy with that.

Rump Steak AUD14.30

Later, I walked to the bus station in the rain. Waited 40 minutes for the bus. Got down 2 stops earlier by mistake. So, I ran in the dark back home.

Got back at 9.30pm and quickly took my shower. Blogged and used the computer to chat till now.

It's 1am already. Going to bed now. Gotta wake up at 6am tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...